Last updated November 2020
What We Collect
Legends Café collects and uses the following types of information through the Site:
– Your email address, if you subscribe to Legend Café’s newsletter;
– Your name, email address, phone number, and other personal information you may provide if you submit this information to us by email or through the Site’s Contact page;
– Your name, date of birth, social media accounts, email address, phone number, height and clothing sizes, photographs of you, and any other personal details you may provide if you complete the Submission Form; and
– Information about your browser type, language preference, IP address, referring site, and the date and time of each visit are automatically collected by WordPress and our hosting provider when you access the Site.
This is standard for most website operators and is not used to
personally identify you.
What We Do With It
We use information that is collected or provided through the Site:
– To operate and maintain the Site;
– To provide you with information or material that you request, including newsletters;
– To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including government or regulatory requests;
– To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
– For any other purpose with your express, informed consent.
If you complete our Submission Form, Legends Café may also use the information you submit, including your photographs, to promote you and the agency on our website and social media accounts and pitch you to casting directors, productions, and other potential collaborators for specific
Who We Share it With
Legends Café may disclose your personal information:
– To a successor, if Legends Café restructures, sells, or transfers some or all of its business;
– To comply with any legal order or obligation;
– To third party vendors that I use to support my business (e.g. accountants, email providers, website hosting providers);
– In any other way disclosed to you when you provide the information; and
– In any other way with your express, informed consent.
If you complete our Submission Form, Legends Café may also disclose the information you submit to social media networks and/or website visitors if it posts your photographs on our accounts or the Site, and to casting directors, production companies, and other potential employers or their agents to pitch you for jobs.
Legends Café will not sell your personal information and will not disclose it to anyone except as described above.
Your information may be processed, stored and/or transferred to a foreign country (such as when a vendor’s services are located in the United States), and may be subject to privacy laws that are less comprehensive than Canada’s. By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Site, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information as described above.
How We Protect It
The Site and our electronic communications are protected by administrative, technical and physical safeguards managed by third party vendors such as Google and hosting providers. However, the electronic transmission of information is never completely secure, and Legends Café cannot guarantee the security of your personal information when it is submitted through email or through the Site.
If your personal information is compromised on the Site and it creates a real risk of significant harm,
Legends Café will notify you in accordance with applicable law, and take all reasonable steps to minimize the impact of the breach.
Who Can Submit It
The Site is not intended for children or people outside of Canada. Parents and legal guardians may use the Site on behalf of their children or dependents.
How Long We Keep It
Unless you instruct Legends Café to delete your personal information, and except as permitted or required by applicable law, Legends Café will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose it was collected for, including to satisfying any legal, accounting, or
How You Can Manage It
Automated Data Collection
When you visit the Site, our website operator, WordPress, and our hosting provider automatically collect certain information about your visit, such as your browser type, language preference, IP address, referring site, and the date and time of each visit. This information is primarily collected
through cookies and similar technologies, which download small files onto your device that collect standard log information provided by browsers. This is standard practice for website operators. Legends Café does not use this information except as necessary to operate and maintain the Site,
If you subscribe to Legends Café’s newsletter, you will receive emails from Legends Café about Legends Café’s business, Site updates, promotions, castings, events, projects, articles and other information that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can
withdraw your consent by clicking on the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails.
Access and Correction
You have the right to access the personal information Legends Café maintains about you and correct it if it is inaccurate.
To review, verify, or correct your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Legends Café may request specific information from you to confirm your identity and make the changes you request.
If Legends Café believes that a requested change would violate any law or cause your information to be incorrect, it may refuse your request. It may also refuse access to certain information, as permitted by applicable law. If Legends Café cannot provide you with access to your personal
information, it will tell you why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Deletion and Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Legends Café’s collection and use of your personal information or request that it deletes your personal information, subject to applicable laws. If you withdraw your consent or request deletion of your information, Legends Café may not be able to provide you with the information or its services.
To withdraw your consent or request deletion of your personal information, please contact email@example.com. Legends Café may request specific information from you to confirm your identity and identify the personal information it holds about you.
How to Contact Us