THIS FORM IS FOR APPLICANTS VIA CHEYNA FROM LA+SO.CAL WITHOUT REPRESENTATION 🙂
We are in search of authentically athletic folks, with varying skill levels of climbing, hiking, running, and/or snow sports.
Age 18-40 All genders All ethnicities All abilities
Masc id folks
height 5.9″ – 6.2″
size big small – large
Femme id folks
height 5.7″ – 6′
Rate is $1600 – $2500 + travel + lodging if applicable
usage is 1-2 years online
Details/usage/rates will be discussed with the client once finalists have been selected.
The shoot days vary throughout 2024.
This initial and ongoing callout is meant to create a thorough database of talent for the client to choose from.
The photoshoots are taking place in Vancouver.
However we are taking applications from all over Canada.
We are also taking applications from folks the Los Angeles area as well.
There is a different form for that 🙂
To apply please:
- fill in this form (do not miss any fields)
*** attach digitals taken the day you fill in the application!
** please be honest about Canadian citizenship
- please also send us wetransfer with a self taped video + a few lifestyle photos
– video: say your name, age, height, location, and what sports you do, then turn to one side, then the other side, then back to the camera
– lifestyle photos: 3-7 photos of you being cool and crazy doing your sport/hobby
(climbing, hiking, running, skiing, snowboarding or whatever your hobbies/sports are)
- the emails subject line must be “YOUR FULL NAME + CHEYNA PROJECT ARCH JANUARY” send to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
DEADLINE IS JANUARY 29TH 12NOON
WHAT ARE DIGITALS:
“Digitals” are photos that you take of yourself the day that you apply for a project. You can also have a friend take them. Sometimes digitals are called polaroids.
The purpose of digitals is to show the client/brand/photographer/art director what you look like without editing, styling, makeup etc. It helps them visualize what you would look like in their ads/commercial/photoshoot/music video etc
WHAT TO WEAR:
Wear a tank top or tshirt, pants/jeans, and flat shoes.
Black/white tank top is usually great for femme applicants with denim or black pants is good.
White t-shirt and denim or black pants is good for mass applicants.
DO NOT wear bikini, lounge wear or v necks
NO accessories, hats, jewelry.
Makeup should be very minimal.
Good brows, and moisturized skin is great.
Ideally no added on lashes if possible.
Please simply stand up and down with not much posing.
If you have long hair take one portrait with hair out and one with hair back. The only photo that should have a smile should be the portrait with a smile, the rest can have a relaxed expression, or whatever expression is just you being yourself.
– full body front
– full body side
– knees up from the front
– portrait with a neutral expression
– portrait with a smile
– profile of head
LIGHTING AND LOCATION:
– take the photos in a well lit area with natural light
– preferably outside in day light
– against a white or light coloured wall
– basic and clean zone with no visual distraction/obstruction
We found that a clean garage exterior door works amazing!
– NO LIVE PHOTOS
– NO PORTRAIT MODE PHOTOS
– have your photographer (or your timer cam) set up on a lower angle in front of you
– approximately 2′ off the ground
– if the submission is glitching please email photos directly instead of attaching
– to email@example.com
– your full name as the SUBJECT
The vibe here is that it is taking your images up at you instead of straight on or down at you.
To see some expamples please check out the “ROSTER” and click into “view digitals”
We want to see you as you are 🙂