We are looking for folks that live specifically in the Calgary, Alberta area.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY
There are 2 projects we are looking to fulfill with this casting call.
– ecomm and editorial shoot with a really cool retailer that has locations canada wide.
– fashion/tech brand
DATES: shoots will take place throughout 2024
– all sizes, all abilities, all genders
– femme height 5.7″ – 6.1″
– masc height 5.9″ – 6.5″
– age 18-50
RATE: variable based on the number of days booked
HOW TO APPLY:
1) apply to PROJECT BOW via the link below
– you will need to attach “digitals” taken the day you fill in the application
– “digitals” guidelines are below in bold
2) we transfer an intro video to firstname.lastname@example.org
– film it horizontally
– say you name, age, height, location
– tell us what you’re looking forward to in 2024
or some goals/aspirations/dreams for the year
– walk away from the camera so that you are visible head to toe
– then turn to the side
– then back to the camera
DEADLINE: JAN 22 AT 12noon
* the client is reviewing apps as they come in so the sooner the better
WHAT ARE DIGITALS:
“Digitals” are photos that you take of yourself the day that you apply for a project. You can also have a friend take them. Sometimes digitals are called polaroids.
The purpose of digitals is to show the client/brand/photographer/art director what you look like without editing, styling, makeup etc. It helps them visualize what you would look like in their ads/commercial/photoshoot/music video etc
WHAT TO WEAR:
Wear a tank top or tshirt, pants/jeans, and flat shoes.
Black/white tank top is usually great for femme applicants with denim or black pants is good.
White t-shirt and denim or black pants is good for mass applicants.
DO NOT wear bikini, lounge wear or v necks
NO accessories, hats, jewelry.
Makeup should be very minimal.
Good brows, and moisturized skin is great.
Ideally no added on lashes if possible.
Please simply stand up and down with not much posing.
If you have long hair take one portrait with hair out and one with hair back. The only photo that should have a smile should be the portrait with a smile, the rest can have a relaxed expression, or whatever expression is just you being yourself.
– full body front
– full body side
– knees up from the front
– portrait with a neutral expression
– portrait with a smile
– profile of head
LIGHTING AND LOCATION:
– take the photos in a well lit area with natural light
– preferably outside in day light
– against a white or light coloured wall
– basic and clean zone with no visual distraction/obstruction
We found that a clean garage exterior door works amazing!
– have your photographer (or your timer cam) set up on a lower angle in front of you
– approximately 2′ off the ground
The vibe here is that it is taking your images up at you instead of straight on or down at you.
To see some expamples please check out the “ROSTER” and click into “view digitals”